Keto Frosted Animal Cookies
A keto-friendly version of your favorite childhood snake made by @4theloveofcake. These keto frosted animal cookies are delicious, bright, colorful, and will bring back memories of your favorite white and pink coated circus animal treat.
These sugar free animal cookies have an amazing crunch to them and are coated with a keto white chocolate frosting and dipped in sprinkles. The flavor is unreal! These cookies are great for family gatherings and for a snack in kids lunchboxes.
Using our KetoCandyGirl Shortbread Cookie Mix for the cookies, and Choc Zero White Chocolate Chips. Choc Zero has a line of keto approved baking chips that don't contain any sugar alcohols. The benefit using these melting chips is adding food coloring to dye the frosting. The melted chocolate coats nicely around the animal shape and dries as a hard shell. Sprinkles are a must when making these animal cookies. The Sprinkle Company has sugar free rainbow sprinkles which is perfect for these cookies!
- 1 bag KetoCandyGirl Shortbread Mix
- 1 stick (40z) softened butter
- 2 additional tbsp
- Choc Zeros White Chocolate Chips
- the Sprinkle Company Rainbow Sprinkles
Here's what she did!
- In a mixing bowl combine dry mix and softened butter.
- Mix with an electric hand mixer or by hand until mixture comes together.
- Remove from bowl and hand need it into a ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unwrap, roll out or press with your hands and cut into animal shapes using animal cookie cutters.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- In a separate bowl melt Choc Zero white chocolate chips, and in a another bowl add pink food coloring into the white chocolate chips.
- Take cookies out of oven and coat them with the melted chocolate.
- Add desired amount of rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!