Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake
Recipe by Maggie @theketogenicmermaid.
Here’s what she did!
- 1 bag Keto Candy Girl Lemon Cookie Mix
- 1 tsp extra of lemon
- 16 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup POWDERED sweetener
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1tsp lemon extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (room temp)
- 5 strawberries cut up
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2T sweetener of choice
- 1tsp vanilla
- However many strawberries you want
1) Make Keto Candy Girl Lemon Cookie Mix as directions say.
2) Add 1tsp of lemon.
3) Then take ½ mix and press it into a cake pan. Then set that aside and put it in the fridge.
4) Cream together your softened cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sweetener, vanilla and lemon extracts, and salt. Taste test for sweetness, add more if you want it sweeter. You want to over sweet baking dishes because the sweet bakes out of it.
5) Now, add your eggs and yolk and mix them in. Do not over mix. You just want to incorporate the eggs.
6) Mix in your sliced strawberries.
7) Add to your crust pan. Add a cut of paper towel to the top (collects moisture). Then cover with foil, tightly.
8) To your instant pot add 1.5 cups of water and your trivet. Place your cheesecake on top, close your instant pot. Set on manual mode 30 minutes, and 18 minutes natural pressure release. At this point check how jiggly it is. Replace your paper towel and place back in for 15 more minutes and 18 minutes natural release. Once done it will be a little jiggly and that’s ok. It’ll set over night and make it perfect.
9) While that’s cooling make your sour cream topping. Pour over the cheesecake then place in the fridge overnight.
10) In a container add in strawberries and 1/2 cup powdered sweetener. Let sit in the refrigerator to “sweat”. Next day place strawberries on top and pour their juices over the cheesecake.
1) Bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes, start checking cheesecake around the 50 minutes mark. Paper towel and foil not necessary for this way.